Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sky Poison

Have you guys seen this Buzzfeed article: 30 Things You’re Only Afraid Of If You Live In Los Angeles? While I don't agree with everything, a lot of them are true. I find #5 particularly relevant today, as we have SKY POISON falling upon us today, making traffic unbearable. Thank goodness I can just stay at home today :P

So last Tuesday... after helping my mum out at work for a couple hours, I met up with Christina (for the fourth day in a row!) along with Jennifer and Patrick to go to a Yelp Elite event at Lexington Social House. It was a fun event; I had a couple drinks, got to eat ice cream made with liquid nitrogen, and made a new Elite friend! On Wednesday I ran errands with my mum and ate delicious Panda Express for lunch. In the evening I met up with Gardy and Keri to celebrate Gardy's birthday. We took her to dinner at Guelaguetza Restaurant, which I had been wanting to check out for a while. I helped my mum out at her work again on Thursday and then I went to LAX to pick up Crystal K for her impromptu LA trip! YAY for her visiting me :D We went to Toe Bang afterwards since we had been craving their corn cheese :P Then Friday was our Burbank Funday! It started off at Cost Plus World Market, which has now become my favourite store. They have everything! Then we went to Olive & Thyme for lunch since I was meeting Janice there for our book club lunch meeting. We saw Simon Helberg there as well as this other male actor (who I cannot place). Cool :) Then we tried to burn some calories at Burbank Empire Center before going to Porto's and buying yummy carbs! I tried their mango empenada for the first time... it was just okay. Then we ended our day at Taza.


{Crystal and I at Taza}

Sadly Crystal had to leave on Saturday, so I dropped her off at the Burbank Airport. It was so good to see you Crystal; visit again soon!!! In the evening I met up with Jinwon and we went to go see For the Record: Baz Luhrmann again. Love that show! On Sunday I met up with my mum after church and we went to ktown. Finally got to have lunch at Young King and it was so good :) Then we went shopping at Koreatown Plaza since they were having a sale before heading home. Monday was a quiet day at home, watching TV and catching up on pictures, and on Tuesday I was back at my mum's work helping out. After work I met up with Crystal W and we went to the final Yelp's Passport to Glendale event. Afterwards we stopped by The Famous for drinks and then got delicious food at In-N-Out.


Yesterday I went to ktown with my mum to see an acupuncturist for all my health issues. I got acupuncture done and then was given a bagload of different herbal medicines to take. Lovely. Let's hope they work...

0 comments: